Thursday, December 17, 2009

Love the ease of Microwave popcorn, but not the cost?

This is my new favorite gadget! It's a Nordic Ware Crystal View Microwave Popcorn Popper. I can use my beloved coconut oil and kernels to make popcorn in my microwave. I bought mine at Target for about $9, but Walmart typically carries it also. You can use the same bowl for nacho cheese and chili and more.
I put a few tablespoons of coconut oil in the bowl, warm it in the microwave until the oil melts, pour in 1/2 cup of kernels and then microwave with the lid on for 2 minutes. You'll need to play a little to find out the right length of time in your own microwave. Enjoy!
I tried the West Bend brand Stir Crazy popper, but wasn't impressed. I had to tip it upside down to get the popcorn out and the oil would drip down the side. I didn't think this was a great option for my children.

No comments: