Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Stuffed up?

I love my neti pot! It sounds gross at first, but it feels so good! I have been getting chronic stuffiness, lately and I was using nasal sprays and sudafed daily and needed something better. A friend recommended this and then I saw it on Oprah. It literally rinses out your nose and sinuses.
I mix up a solution of 1/4 teaspoon salt (not iodized), about 1/8 teaspoon baking soda, and 8oz warm water in my neti pot; and pour it into one nostril until the water runs clear out of the other nostril. Repeat on the other side. For my baby, I mix up the solution and use a bulb syringe (in the bath works best) and gently squeeze the saline solution up one nostril until it runs clear out of the other nostril. I then repeat for the other side. He is able to get better faster since we rinse out the mucus and junk that makes him ill. It washes out histamines also!! Try it. I bought this model pictured below for myself at Walmart. It came with packets of the salt and baking soda mixture. Mix the packet with warm water. Use WARM not cold water!


NasaFlo® Neti Pot helps alleviate … • Nasal Allergies & Dryness • Sinusitis, Rhinitis • Allergic Asthma • Post Nasal Drip • Sinus Pressure & Nasal Stuffiness • Nasal Symptoms from Flu & Cold • Nasal Irritation from Occupational Dust, Fumes, Animal Dander, Grass, Pollen, Smoke, & House Dust • Nasal Congestion
FYI: Keep a little container of the salt and baking soda mixture in your bathroom. This makes it easy to mix it up. Also, doing this in the shower makes it less messy. :)

No comments: